Monday, March 23, 2009

March 17
the state of economy is scary. Everythings scary lately. For a while I just ignored it. I decided that it was just people trying to make me scared. I really dont understand anything about current issues. I dont really want to. I suppose, to be a good artist, a good conversationalist, a good student, an "in the know" citizen, I should be up to date with current events and tragedies and breaking news and new legislation and ...all of that. 
but it worries me. and i dont like it. Ignorance is bliss...has never been something that ive believed in. Sagittarius's love to learn new things, to be educated, theyre always looking for the next conquest and to know the next step, or start something bigger than what they started before, but. These things are just scary. I cant use them. I can make art about them. But then Ill look at my art, and Ill say, "So what?" What is this art doing to help the situation? increasing awareness? The awareness is fear. Im increasing fear. Art is a serious, important, necessary things to communicate through. But artists need to be careful to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment